Sunday, July 13, 2008

The horse project.


It all started with an artist named Scott Wayne Indiana. He knew about the horse rings in many Portland sidewalks and thought it was a shame that we don't tie our horses to them anymore. Scott decided to change that and tied his first pony to a horse ring in the fall of 2005 in the revitalized Pearl District in Northwest Portland. After a few months, he expanded the horse project and asked for some help. Now these horses are showing up all over. You can find them in most parts of Portland now.OK I want to start by saying that I LOVE Portland... I had been wondering about the cute little horses on Mississippi ave, and this is a way better explanation than I could have come up with on my own. more horse pics @ http://www.39forks.com/39pages/projects/Horse/HorseCollection.htm

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

I've been seeing these around town and just barely found out what the deal was. Really cool I think.

Did Torso (the lovely shop in your banner) close?? I drove by today and the space was empty! I never even got to go in there!

P.S. I'm Chelsea from Frolic! I think I found your blog from your roommate Amy?:)